2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2017 5:32 PM by Kevin-Monahan

3D Camera Tracker keeps losing data points

daveh17689347

I use camera the 3D Camera Tracker tool in After Effects for a lot of shots. One thing I am having a problem with is that the footage keeps having to be re-analyzed. I create an "null with camera," everything works fine. I get the bulls eye and from there, whenever I right click it only ever gives the option to create a layer, without creating a camera. So far, so good. But the problem happens when I come back to a project, sometimes even in the same day, and it seems the camera has become separated from the data. When I right click, it goes back to "create ____ with camera," even though a camera was already created. If I click create ____ with camera, the previously added layers suddenly don't move with the new camera. I usually end up having to start over with the analysis or having to get rid of the old objects and start from scratch, but then it will happen again in the same project. This has happened with almost every project with the 3D Tracker, and has happened on every version of AE I have installed. Anyone have any suggestions?  I hope I am clear enough on the description of the issue. 

• 1. Re: 3D Camera Tracker keeps losing data points
          Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional
          when I come back to a project, sometimes even in the same day, and it seems the camera has become separated from the data. When I right click, it goes back to "create ____ with camera," even though a camera was already created. If I click create ____ with camera, the previously added layers suddenly don't move with the new camera.

something is definitely off. once the track is done, it wont re-solve unless you change anything. what exact Ae version? full numbers. it appears that the data has been changed and the camera solve is now different meaning you need a new camera that won't go well with the previously pinned nulls. this could be caused by deleting one of the points or changing the solve method or shot type parameters.

try to isolate the problem and find what are the steps to reproduce the problem.

btw - is there any special reason you don't create all the nulls right after you finished you track? 3D camera tracker is a resource draining effect and some users even delete the effect after it's done to save up on memory and processing.

• 2. Re: 3D Camera Tracker keeps losing data points
            Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hi DaveH,

Did you ever solve this problem? Please let us know how you did.

Thanks,
            Kevin