Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Watch Folder and XML

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2016 Dec 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to automate using a watch folder that watches an XML folder which has a set of images, template path , script path set of images and texts..

similar to the video in here:

Fully Automated Video Production using Adobe After Effects - YouTube

But I am not able to find the documentation for xml format and how to configure media encoder to do that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ank,

Thanks for your post and link to the video. Very interesting. Did you ever solve this issue? Please let us know.

I don't believe what was shown in the video is a documented or supported workflow, or even if it's a legal use of our software. I'd have to check on the specifics.

As the author suggests, it is a custom setup on what can be done with such scripting and expressions. He doesn't offer any how to suggestions, as each scenario is likely a custom one. I'm sorry that I don't have more resources for you other than our own forums and the others the author mentioned.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ank,

Further info indicates that, indeed, this is a custom setup to show "what's possible" for After Effects automation. Typically, these are all set up with large enterprises in mind. Let us know if you have further questions.

Some other resources: After Effects Scripting and After Effects Expressions

Feel free to ask further questions there.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines