• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Asus AI Suite 3 for auto overclocking - good or bad?

Engaged ,
Dec 25, 2016 Dec 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Asus x99-A II board it plan to overclock my 6850K.

There are two ways. Bios or software. I am looking for user experience with the Asus AI suite. I read a lot of bad things about it. Raising voltage to high etc.

What would you recommend? Old school bios or auto tuning via 5 way optimisation? Also, does some know a good over clocking guide for my CPU?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have read and seen videos with broadwell-e that suggest its not as overclock friendly and several times where the cpu has died. so it seems the broadwell-e cpu is easier to kill with an overclock. some of the auto settings seem to be causing problems too, as auto voltages go higher than they should. after seeing that i would stick with manual bios overclocking and only go with a medium overclock. i don't have any overclock guides to point to, but i would recommend finding two or three (hopefully for your motherboard) and compare them against each other, and get to know the overclock settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ronin. Your thoughts confirm my process. Actually the 6850K works pretty well for overlooking, apart from the 6800K which I considered to buy at first.

This is a pretty good overclocking guide for X99 boards including latest 6 and 8 core processors:

ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 Overlocking Guide 6950X 6900K 6800K 6850K Review Broadwell-E - YouTube

He is also talking about AVX applications what will be important for the future. If am not mistaking neither PP nor AE CC are using AVX processing, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i suspect premiere does use AVX, but i cannot confirm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines