2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 26, 2016 1:44 PM by JustBob

404 Error, Asset Problem, File Won't Publish

JustBob Level 1

Since the recent updated to Muse 2017, I have gotten errors from several of my sites saying to check the assets panel before publishing; but, everything in the assets panel seems to be okay.

Today, my photo site would not publish, receiving a 404 error. The program also warned me about the assets panel, while all the files listed appear to be okay.

I really want to update this site. Help?

Screen Shot 2016-12-25 at 7.41.14 PM.png

• 1. Re: 404 Error, Asset Problem, File Won't Publish
          VivekP Adobe Employee

Hello,

This error usually comes up when you have once of the following issue with your site:

1. One of you contact form widget in Muse has an invalid email in "Email to" field of the contact form options.

Solution : Check the widget option and ensure there is no syntax error. one of the example is mentioned in the screenshot.

Screenshot_1.png

2. You business catalyst site has more than 50 web forms created.

Solution: To check that please login to your business catalyst dashboard and go to Site Manager >> Web Form

If the web form count is 50 then delete few forms to ensure the count is below 50 and then you should be able to publish.

Screenshot_2.png

If above are not the reasons for this error then I would advise you to contact Adobe Muse support by clicking the link below.

Contact Customer Care

Regards,

Vivek

2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: 404 Error, Asset Problem, File Won't Publish
            JustBob Level 1

Thank you so much, Vivek!

I had thought my file must have been corrupted. You saved me hours of failed effort!

Adobe Muse was quitting after apparently trying to "sync-up" the forms with Business Catalyst, because it kept stopping after the forms messages on upload.

But, I did not change any of the form info; it all seemed to be correct.

I did go into Business Catalyst and opened two or three forms to take a look. I had no idea they were there. Also, there seemed to be a few more than I am using. Maybe BC saves forms even when a page using them is no longer published?

Anyway, I then chose the option in Muse not to publish the three new pages and then published them one at a time. Bingo! All are up, now.

Thank you, again!

Bob