30 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2016 2:46 PM by Rowby

My GTX480 only occasionally works with Adobe Premiere Creative Cloud.  What should I replace it with?

Rowby Level 1

Hi

More often than not when I open an existing Adobe Premiere CC file the Mercury Playback Engine is not working.  I'm using an old GTX480 card.

What would be a good choice to replace that card -- that will fit in the same type slot in my tower.

This is a link to the GTX480 on Amazon -- it's what I purchased back in 2010.  It includes a photo of the hardware so you can see what kind of slot it needs to fit in.

Thanks!  Trying to finish a project and am weary of the occasional non availabilty of the Mercury Playback Engine.

BTW I have a Cooler Master power supply  1000watt

I'm primarily editing for the web.  No blockbuster wide screen motion pictures For Your Oscar Consideration.

Update:  Since I posted this question, I am looking at this:  EVGA GeForce GTX780

Further update:  I looked at the specs of my motherboard.  It says it has PCIe 2.0 x16 slots  I assume that limits my options?  Or is there a 2.0 to 3.0 adapter I can use??  My current motherboard specs from Amazon

Rowby