Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS5 extended

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to complete the installation of CS5 extended on a new Mac book pro.

I am able to download the installer but receive an error message that states.... 'install" can't be opened. you should eject the disk image. "install is on the disk image....

but when I click eject disk image  the entire install option is removed.  any help or suggestions that would allow me to complete the install

thanks

William

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Are you able to locate the CS5 folder in your Applications folder?  Inside should be Photoshop.app

Double-click it to launch and tell me if it works.

If it does not open, right or ctrl click on the app and choose Open from the context menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, William.  There's a lot going on when you attempt to install old Adobe software onto OSX 10.12

1. To open the DMG, right-click on it and choose "Open" from the context menu to mount the disc.

2. Follow the instructions for the CS5 installer here: Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Thank you for your prompt response.

Sadly, for me, it still doesn't work. I follow the instructions

specifically and my terminal window looks quite a bit different from the

one posted in the instructions. See attached image. Could it be a problem

with the dmg file itself?

Thx.

William

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not  see the image.  Here's how to post a screenshot if you are new to the forums:

FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For mounting CS5 (unsigned or unidentified developers) DMGs in Sierra, please look at this article:

http://www.imore.com/how-open-apps-unidentified-developers-mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 7.37.54 PM.png

Hello. Again thanks for the prompt and consistent help.  I am forever in your debt. Please see the screen shot with the sequence of windows as they unfold for me. this is as far as it will allow me to go.

do you have any other suggestions.

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 8.05.04 PM.png

Now when you drag and drop that black box with the green "exec" letters into the Terminal window, it will create an install command.

All you do is press "Enter" to run it. If it asks for your password, type it in blind, because the cursor will not move or show dots. Press "Enter" after you type the password.

Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 8.06.29 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 8.21.45 PM.jpg

Oh boy, I got excited there for a bit. It did launch the installer I entered my serial number and it seemed to install fully. Once I hit done, an error message popped up and the attached terminal window message remained.

Sorry for all the trouble I have been

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to locate the CS5 folder in your Applications folder?  Inside should be Photoshop.app

Double-click it to launch and tell me if it works.

If it does not open, right or ctrl click on the app and choose Open from the context menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok....yes yes yes. it is working. looks like I had to download some java script in order for it to work. looks like it is working now. oh my. I'm so so pleased and grateful for your generous help.  Without it I would have be totally stuck.

Thanks again sir! It is much appreciated!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now you may Quit Terminal.  Those were information messages. It  does not stop you from launching Photoshop.

Next: Updates

First install this: Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Macintosh : Adobe Application Manager

Then use Help > Updates to get your updates. any problems, get back to me.

Edit: It's what I'm here for.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines