2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2016 9:34 AM by DonGallagher

Cloudless Lightroom

stevem80069533

I'm thinking of buying Lightroom but it seems to be now linked to the Adobe Creative Cloud thing. I just want to precess my photos - I don't wan tall this cloud stuff.

Is it possible to buy Lightroom without the Creative Cloud stuff ?

I have a Nikon D5500 so I think I need Lightroom 6 - can't go back to Lightroom 5.

• 1. Re: Cloudless Lightroom
          DdeGannes Adobe Community Professional

Have a look at the link below

How to Upgrade to Adobe Lightroom 6

• 2. Re: Cloudless Lightroom
            DonGallagher Level 1

Of course you do realize that "all that cloud stuff" is probably not what you think.

Lightroom Creative Cloud is Lightroom, Photoshop & Bridge, installed and running on your computer, just exactly the same as the stand alone version.  NOTHING but the licensing is in the cloud - your images reside on your computer and all the work you do is on your computer.

What you get for the cheap monthly subscription fee is the most current version of Photoshop, not Photoshop Elements, but the full 16 bit Photoshop, Bridge and of course Lightroom.  As long as you continue to pay your subscription fee, the software will be updated every time there is a new version, bug fix or camera raw update.

If you buy the stand alone version, you get updates, but NOT upgrades for free.

I have been on Adobe CC for the Photographers package for over 3 years no, zero complaints for what that worth.

1 person found this helpful