Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Synchronisation from Lightroom mobile to Lightroom desktop

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everybody,

I have a question relative to both Lightroom mobile and Lightroom desktop.

First of all, I have started working on Lightroom Mobile before getting a computer. I have all my pics on my Ipad, nested in Lightroom mobile.

I just bought a new mac, installed Adobe creative cloud and Lightroom and I wish to import from my Lightroom Mobile all the pictures I worked already on to my new computer. But it seems that it does not work that way... Apparently, You can only sync a catalog from your computer and sync your lightroon mobile with it...

Does anyone know how to import my pictures from Lightroom Mobile to my lightroom on my computer ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Have a good day

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

If you have a valid subscription, or 7 day trial of Lightroom  ensure you are signed-in with your Adobe ID (see image below) by hovering your mouse near the name plate (top left) in the LR desktop app. Once signed in you can use the pause/play button to turn sync on and off.

If you have been using LR Mobile on the iPad as a free app you may need to create new collections or start automatic sync for camera roll. Any new photos you capture with your iPad will then be sync’d automatically.

It is only

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a valid subscription, or 7 day trial of Lightroom  ensure you are signed-in with your Adobe ID (see image below) by hovering your mouse near the name plate (top left) in the LR desktop app. Once signed in you can use the pause/play button to turn sync on and off.

If you have been using LR Mobile on the iPad as a free app you may need to create new collections or start automatic sync for camera roll. Any new photos you capture with your iPad will then be sync’d automatically.

It is only possible to sync one desktop catalog but that catalog can be sync’d to any number of devices as long as you use the same Adobe ID (email & password)

LRmobileSignin.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your comment.

However, not sure if that is replying my question. I think I need to put it a different way and make it simpler.

Let's imagine I bought the same day an iPad and a Mac. I also bought a valid subscription to Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Lightroom Mobile.

I shot some pictures and I prefer to edit them on my iPad. To do so, I imported them directly to the iPad and skipped the import on my Mac. The question is :

By clicking as above " Sync with Lightroom Mobile", am I sure that it will sync my pictures already imported on my iPad directly to my Mac or, on the contrary, it will only sync the empty local catalog that I created on my mac and then erase the pictures imported on the iPad?

Thanks a lot

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All photos on the iPad will not be sync'd to LR desktop. You need to put them in a collection in LR mobile and the collection photos will then download via Creative Cloud to LR desktop once you start sync or turn off pause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines