• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 upgrade does not recognize my lightroom 5 that already exists

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had to "refresh" my computer and reinstall my copy of Lightroom 5.  It is up to date.  I have reinstalled Lightroom 6 upgrade (purchased thru the cloud) and it doesn't NOW recognize my Lightroom 5.

Before the computer issue there were no problems.  HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reinstalled Lightroom 6 upgrade (purchased thru the cloud) and it doesn't NOW recognize my Lightroom 5.

Exactly what step in Lightroom are you referring to when "it doesn't now recognize". Give us lots of details so we can follow along what you are trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I needed to do a "refresh" on my computer and it removed lightroom 5 (I have the disc) and my upgrade of lightroom 6.  So I reinstalled LR5 and then reinstalled LR6.  Only catalogs up to a certain date are recognized.  I have no catalogs after the date that I purchased LR6 - when I reinstalled LR6 I used the original install download as well.  So any catalog from 8/30/16 is not showing in my LR Catalogs. 

Should I delete again and reinstall a later version (redownload)?  I do have a backup from 12/25/16 that I can connect.

HELP!!  LOL  😃 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You still haven't explained what "recognize" means in terms of Lightroom. What step in Lightroom are you performing when the catalogs are not "recognized"? Exactly what step? Explain in great detail so we can understand what you are doing. Explain in great detail what you see, or what you don't see, that tells you something is not "recognized".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 isn't supposed to recognize Lightroom 5. The catalogs are not interchangeable. When you first run Lightroom 6 it should have prompted you to create an upgraded copy of your Lightroom 5 catalog. Both programs can exist on your computer. But there is no interaction between the two. So the problem you are describing needs to be explained much more fully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines