• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10 Adobe Premiere 15 (Hollywood Effects Dreamy Freezing Premiere)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brand new gaming PC, top of the line- i7 6700k, 32 gb ram, 256ssd, 2 tb hard drive, nvidia gtx 1080.  The pc is literally 2 weeks old.  Runs flawlessly. 

And for the most part Premiere Elements 15 runs as well 14 did on my old Windows 7 pc, but when I use Hollywood Effects (dreamy look), it freezes the system.  Not all the time, but most of the time.  It is an effect I use a lot.  Anyone have this issue before?  No other effects seem to be problematic.  Any solution?  If not, this is one for the bugs/glitch team to work on.  Thanks. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you rendered your timeline (by pressing Enter)?

When you render your timeline, the yellow-orange "render" line above the clips on your timeline will turn green and you'll get much smoother playback.

Meantime, do ensure you've got the latest drivers for your system by going to either your computer manufacturer's support site (HP, Dell, etc.) or by going to the nVidia site. Don't trust Windows 10 to give you the best drivers. (Particularly that GeForce driver, which nVidia just recently re-issued.)

Also, go to Premiere Elements' Preferences (under the Edit menu) and UNCHECK the option to use graphics acceleration. This feature only interfaces with Intel graphics systems and can actual cause problems for other graphics cards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the in depth response.  I've tried those.  Latest driver, and i disabled hardware acceleration.  No luck.  Fortunately, the glitch doesn't happen all the time, and it's quite literally just that one filter.  I can live with it.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

To isolate the issue further, can you please explain,

1. Whether you are facing this issue on playback or at the time of applying dreamy look effect?

2. Are you facing this issue in Quick/Expert mode?

-Sagar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I realized this thread is old but this is the closest I found similar to my issue. I'm using Premiere Elements 2020 and yes, my computer (Surface Book3) freezes each time I invoke Dreamy effect on my videoclips. Does anybody know what's happening, and how to resolve the issue? Thank you so much.

Ts Ngo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Premiere Elements 2018 and have the same problem like you. Every time I try Dreamy or Hollywood Looks, the cursor changes into a clock or timer and the whole editing freezes. I wait for minutes but nothing happens so I'll have to terminate by means of the Task Manager to get out of Premiere. Nobody seems to know what this is all about 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a user group and there is not direct access to programing staff to see "what this is all about".   As a user, I can see how it works on my computer. 

I'm using the current version and have tried both the Hollywood and Dreamy effects.  They do work. 

Unfortunately with the Windows world we get an endless combination of video codecs, hardware, drivers, operating system updates, etc.   Most common solutions in this forum come from trial and error with preferences and project settings.   Sometimes it is as simple as a corrupted clip.   

There is another Adobe forum that may work better to provide feedback to staff.   https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/adobe-premiere-elements/5f5f2094785c1f1e6cc40878

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines