1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 6, 2017 6:26 PM by RaushanKumar

NEF Files

xman56 Level 1

Product: Photoshop Elements 9

Operating System: Windows 7

Camera: Nikon D7000

I have been using Elements 9 for several, trouble free years.  Recently, I have incurred the following.  After transferring unedited photos from my camera to Photoshop, I activated the Organized thumbnails for editing.  However, I receive the Error Message "Cannot open Gen.****.NEF, it is the wrong type of file.  I have followed this procedure for years.  The same message occurs when attempting to open previously transferred, unedited thumbnails.  However, I can open previously edited photos, saved as *.psd files.  I have uninstalled/installed Photoshop software using Control Panel/Elements software or directly from the software to no avail.

Recently, I had trouble printing photos.  I contacted Epson (Epson X610 printer) thinking the printer was at fault.   Only top or bottom half of the photo would print.  The Epson representative guided me to converting the *.psd file to *.jpeg.  We successfully printed the photo.  Thus I uninstalled/installed Photoshop software successfully and was able to print edited photos and edit raw photos successfully.  Shortly after the re-installation, Adobe Emailed me a Photoshop upgrade.  I downloaded and attempted installing.  However, an Error message appeared indicating not all files were downloaded.  Since this attempt, I have incurred the above discussed problem.

I have not changed any settings on my Nikon camera.