• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects CS6 Gpu Support?

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So basically i am going to build my first pc and i am aiming for a editing pc. i will be using applications like Sony Vegas, Adobe premiere, cinema 4d and most importantly adobe after effects cs6. now for the gpu i am considering going with a [Sapphire Nitro Radeon RX460 4G] i will be doing 1080 editing at 60fps max and will be doing a small amount of 3d work. so what i am asking is if the [Sapphire Nitro Radeon RX460 4G] is adequate for after effects cs6 and if there are any other good graphics cards for ae cs6 that are in the $100-$200 price range

cheers, jyrome

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Irrelevant. AE isn't great on GPU acceleration, even more so in a legacy version like CS6. The Raytrace 3D stuff doesn't work with AMD cards to boot, it's deprecated and as a C4D user you'd probably not use it much, if at all, anyway. Therefore any decision what card to buy must be based on your other programs or specific plug-ins that may require GPU features.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Irrelevant. AE isn't great on GPU acceleration, even more so in a legacy version like CS6. The Raytrace 3D stuff doesn't work with AMD cards to boot, it's deprecated and as a C4D user you'd probably not use it much, if at all, anyway. Therefore any decision what card to buy must be based on your other programs or specific plug-ins that may require GPU features.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines