4 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2006 3:45 AM by Newsgroup_User

Buggy Fireworks version 8

Sarford
      Anybody else experiencing that this build of Fireworks is extremly buggy?
      Especialy the use of ctrl-z. After using the program for some time (say alf an hour) if I use ctrl-z the program jumps back a random number of undo's.
      When I then do redo, the program only jumps ahead 1 step and won't do the other 20 redo's needed to get back to where I was when I pushed undo.

Fireworks has always been my favourite program to design websites, but this bug almost renders this program useless!

Anyone kow or experiencing this problem?
        • 1. Re: Buggy Fireworks version 8
          Level 7

"Sarford" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:e4pvj6$kpc$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Anybody else experiencing that this build of Fireworks is extremly buggy?
          > Especialy the use of ctrl-z. After using the program for some time (say
          > alf an
          > hour) if I use ctrl-z the program jumps back a random number of undo's.
          > When I then do redo, the program only jumps ahead 1 step and won't do the
          > other 20 redo's needed to get back to where I was when I pushed undo.
          >
          > Fireworks has always been my favourite program to design websites, but
          > this
          > bug almost renders this program useless!
          >
          > Anyone kow or experiencing this problem?
          >

I also have noticed problems with Ctrl+Z undo's.

ss.

• 2. Re: Buggy Fireworks version 8
            Level 7
            Sarford wrote:
            > Anybody else experiencing that this build of Fireworks is extremly buggy?
            > Especialy the use of ctrl-z. After using the program for some time (say alf an
            > hour) if I use ctrl-z the program jumps back a random number of undo's.
            > When I then do redo, the program only jumps ahead 1 step and won't do the
            > other 20 redo's needed to get back to where I was when I pushed undo.
            >
            > Fireworks has always been my favourite program to design websites, but this
            > bug almost renders this program useless!
            >
            > Anyone kow or experiencing this problem?

I have never experienced this and just yesterday I've been working on a
            new project's layout and had Fireworks open almost all day and it worked
            without problems the whole time.

What OS are you using FW on and what are your machine's specs?

--
            St�phane Bergeron
            reach:connect:communicate
            www.webfocusdesign.com
            blog:tutorials:articles:gallery
            www.pixelyzed.com
            • 3. Re: Buggy Fireworks version 8
              Sarford Level 1
              Hi Stephane,

At home I use a iMac G5 2GHz with 1Gb ram, at my studio I use a G5 powermac 1,8 Ghz with 2Gb ram. Both use OSX 10.4.6
              On both mac's I experience the same problems. I use Fireworks 8.0.0.777

Before this version I used Fireworks MX2004 and can't remember having this problem. Both versions have the 'unable to save' problem, but they DO save the file.
              • 4. Re: Buggy Fireworks version 8
                Level 7
                I can't say I have ever seen it either.

--
                Murray --- ICQ 71997575
                Adobe Community Expert
                (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
                ==================
                http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com - Template Triage!
                http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
                http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
                http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/ - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
                ==================

"St�phane Bergeron" <news@webfocusdesign.com> wrote in message
                news:e4q0vi$m6h$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                > Sarford wrote:
                >> Anybody else experiencing that this build of Fireworks is extremly buggy?
                >> Especialy the use of ctrl-z. After using the program for some time (say
                >> alf an hour) if I use ctrl-z the program jumps back a random number of
                >> undo's.
                >> When I then do redo, the program only jumps ahead 1 step and won't do
                >> the other 20 redo's needed to get back to where I was when I pushed undo.
                >>
                >> Fireworks has always been my favourite program to design websites, but
                >> this bug almost renders this program useless!
                >>
                >> Anyone kow or experiencing this problem?
                >
                > I have never experienced this and just yesterday I've been working on a
                > new project's layout and had Fireworks open almost all day and it worked
                > without problems the whole time.
                >
                > What OS are you using FW on and what are your machine's specs?
                >
                > --
                > St�phane Bergeron
                > reach:connect:communicate
                > www.webfocusdesign.com
                > blog:tutorials:articles:gallery
                > www.pixelyzed.com