• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Importer reported a generic error

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed Adobe PE, version 12, on a new windows PC, windows 10.  When trying to recover existing music to an existing project or add new music to a new project, I am receiving a new error message:  The importer reported a generic error.

The music files attempting to be added have already been added/used/fully functional in other projects on the prior PC.  Checked for this error and just installed new updates as recommended, however the error persists.  Please advise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Is your music from iTunes?

iTunes has copy protection built into much of its music that will prevent you from using it in video projects. Attempting to will throw up a generic error.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your music from iTunes?

iTunes has copy protection built into much of its music that will prevent you from using it in video projects. Attempting to will throw up a generic error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is from an iTunes library.  However it was able to be imported from iTunes and used earlier,

same file/same format/same storage location.  I don't understand how the same music file could

be added previously, and is still referenced in existing projects, now cannot be added or the link

re-established.  Is this an upgrade/change to iTunes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea why it worked before. It's possible that some songs have a more strict copy protection than others.

All I know is that iTunes music is notorious for this.

Music from Amazon or other sources should not be a problem -- although, as I say in my books, you'll get the best performance if your music is in the WAV format rather than MP3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have Adobe elements 14 on windows 10. I have been receiving the error message, "The importer reported a generic error," when trying to insert music in my video. I have tried several different songs from iTunes and from other programs with no luck. Including some songs that I have already tried with success in the past on adobe elements 14. How do I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried converting your music files to WAV files using the free download Audacity?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines