• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to move an entire animation?

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm really new using After Effects, I'm currently working with a template, and I would like to move the composition from where it was originally created, how can I do this without affecting the entire animation?

I know is asking too much but if any of you guys could give me an step by step with visual aid I would greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

It didn't work 100%...can you help me?

you will need to be specific. what did you do? how did it not work? there's only so much one can figure out from a screenshot of a setup he never seen before

I see you have more than one layer you want to move and you choose option 2. did you move the layers? you are supposed to move the null.

click UU on all the layers so we can see everything and try to explain better

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently working with a template, and I would like to move the composition from where it was originally created, how can I do this without affecting the entire animation?

this question can be a few things. what exactly do you want to move? keyframes? entire layer?  how exactly? show us so we can better assist you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, this what I'm working with

para pregunta.png

The composition is in the middle, and I need it to be place lower, how can I do that without affecting the keyframes.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. select all the keyframes so they are highlighted

2. make sure your CTI is on one of them

3. move the layer in the composition window or scrub the values

this way you are offsetting the keyframes

OR

1. create a null: layer->new->null

2. connect the composition/layer to the null

3. move the null

4. delete the null

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

para consulta.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you will need to be specific. what did you do? how did it not work? there's only so much one can figure out from a screenshot of a setup he never seen before

I see you have more than one layer you want to move and you choose option 2. did you move the layers? you are supposed to move the null.

click UU on all the layers so we can see everything and try to explain better

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, it did work, thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good job. please mark the answer as correct so that others will find it quick, get a notice on a helpful response and so that yours truly will get closer to the hall of fame  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines