I created Services.mxml in the tutorial, set it as the
default application file, and dragged the first component onto the
design view screen, a label, when Flex Builder seems to get
sluggish. Jumping out to the task manager revealed javaw.exe
rapidly accumulating memory usage, heading for 300,000 K. I killed
FB before it hung the machine and restarted it.
I was able to replicate it by being in a hurry. I created
another Services2.mxml as an application, and while it was Building
the workspace i tried to drag a Label onto the stage. Twice. The
cursor didn't change, but they eventually they appeared. Checking
the task manager revealed that i had put javaw.exe again in a
tailspin, rapidly accumulating memory usage.