1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 19, 2006 9:03 AM by Newsgroup_User

Pop-up menus and frames

Max Stewart Level 1
      A web page with Fireworks 8 Javascript (not CSS) pop-up menus imported into Dreamweaver 8 works fine on its own. However, if I include the page in a frameset, the menus appear to work OK (e.g. everything pops up and down when expected, all the rollover transitions appear flawless, and the pop-ups are well clear of the frame boundary), but when a popped up menu item is selected, nothing happens - the top-level menu items are the only ones which still navigate to their links.

(I normally avoid using framesets, but the frameset in this instance has a useful applications function and I would be loth to remove it)
        • 1. Re: Pop-up menus and frames
          Level 7
          Hi Max:

Did you define a target for your pop-up menu links? See:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/studio/articles/fwmx_popup03.html

Also make sure that the paths in the links are valid URLs.

It would seem strange that nothing is happening. How do the menus work
          when you browse the Fireworks HTML directly outside the frameset? This
          might give us a clue as to what's happening.

enthusiastically,
          mark haynes
          webassist sales
          http://www.webassist.com

Max Stewart wrote:
          > A web page with Fireworks 8 Javascript (not CSS) pop-up menus imported into
          > Dreamweaver 8 works fine on its own. However, if I include the page in a
          > frameset, the menus <i>appear</i> to work OK (e.g. everything pops up and down
          > when expected, all the rollover transitions appear flawless, and the pop-ups
          > are well clear of the frame boundary), but when a popped up menu item is
          > selected, <i>nothing happens</i> - the top-level menu items are the only ones
          > which still navigate to their links.
          >
          > (I normally avoid using framesets, but the frameset in this instance has a
          > useful applications function and I would be loth to remove it)
          >