Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Exporting Smooth Photos

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All ,

I used Lightroom for a long time , And i never faced this problem until yesterday !

When i export the Photo , I loose the details and sharpness !

Untitled-sx2.jpg

You can see the difference Between the images !

I hope you can help me to solve this .

Thank you in advance .

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

150? That s an extremely high sharpening setting! One thing to know is that you should NEVER touch the sharpening sliders if you are not zoomed in at 1:1. At all lower zoom levels, develop can only show you an approximation of the sharpening As the sharpening at the single pixel level And your display when zoomed out cannot show that. Also, when you export and you scale to a smaller size, you have to apply some output sharpening. Second when you export at full size and you open the image in a se

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot of the Detail panel and camera ISO setting for this image file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response !  Here is the settings :

Details :

Details.PNG

ISO settings :

Iso Settings.PNG

I hope this is help !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

150? That s an extremely high sharpening setting! One thing to know is that you should NEVER touch the sharpening sliders if you are not zoomed in at 1:1. At all lower zoom levels, develop can only show you an approximation of the sharpening As the sharpening at the single pixel level And your display when zoomed out cannot show that. Also, when you export and you scale to a smaller size, you have to apply some output sharpening. Second when you export at full size and you open the image in a seperate viewer, you will see something different as that viewer usually uses a different scaling algorithm than Lightroom and depending on that you will get a softer or sharper image. There is no way around this as your display is always a lower resolution than the actual file, even for the highest resolution displays available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As mentioned by your Detail panel Sharpening settings are much too high. Even though the image was shot with a relatively low ISO 500 setting the high sharpening settings will raise the image noise level substantially. From the Histogram it also appears the image is underexposed, which will also raise the noise level. This will cause the image to appear lighter and less sharp when viewed in the Library module or when exported and viewed in the Develop module. Compare the Develop and Library module previews and you will see what I am describing. This is due to differences in the way LR generates the Develop and Library screen previews, with the Library preview being the most accurate at less than 1:1 Zoom view.

Try LR's default Sharpening settings Amount 25, Radius 1, Detail 25, Mask 0 and see if the Export now appears closer to the original image. If you are using the 'Resize to Fit' in the Export Imaging Sizing panel you should also select the appropriate 'Output Sharpening' setting for the target usage. In your screenshot Resize to Fit' is not selected so Output Sharpening does not need to be applied. This may be help concerning adjusting the Detail panel controls:

Lightroom: Applying sharpening and noise reduction | lynda.com tutorial - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi HamzaHayoun,

What is the size, format of the image you are exporting?Please post a screenshot of your Export settings here.Also, check for the sharpening applied.

Please post a screenshot of your Export settings here.Also, check for the sharpening applied.

Also see Exporting from Lightroom - Losing Detail/Quality? -- RAW, Post Processing & Printing in photography-...

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

Thank you for the quick response !

I m exporting a .CR2 - 5184x3456-  22.5MB Image !

Here is the Export settings :

Export.PNG

I ll check the link and see whats happen !

Thank you again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines