• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Program Replacement

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My wife is a teacher. Our copy of Lightroom 4.0 was erased when the hard drive crashed on our mid 2011 iMac and had to be restored. I have the product code and serial number. Is there anyway to obtain a replacement copy of the Lightroom program? I contacted Adobe customer service but was referred here. Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

You do not need to pay for the download from the page I linked to. However, you will need to insert your serial during the installation process.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than replacing 4.0 with 4.1 I think it would be prudent to choose 4.4.1. That way you benefit from all of the new camera and lens models supported during 4.x cycle plus all of the bug fixes.

You can download any version of Lr 4.x for Mac from Adobe - Lightroom : For Macintosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all thank you very much for your timely response. Seconfly, please bear with me as I do not know the answer to this. I have the product code and the serial number from my original version of 4.0. Will that information allow me to obtain the copy you are referring to for free? Again, thank you very much for your assistance. Will

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your serial number is good for all versions of Lr from 4.0 to 4.4.1 (inclusive)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This serial number that you have is valid for any release of Lightroom 4. It will be valid for Lightroom 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, etc. But you don't need a product code, you need a serial number. A Lightroom serial number contains six groups of four numbers and the first four are always 1160.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'm understanding you correctly, since I do have the serial number, does that mean I can do the download and I will not have to pay any additional fee for it? Thank you again. Will

Sent from Will Travnikar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You do not need to pay for the download from the page I linked to. However, you will need to insert your serial during the installation process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines