• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicating a group of pages (special)

Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A fairly common problem for us is having a large file, say ~100 pages, where we have to duplicate each page X number times, so that each duped page is added after the original.

For example: I have to duplicate each page of a 100 page file 5x so that in the end I have a file with pages in this order: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3...

Normally when you duplicate 100 pages, it puts the pages at the end of the file. But is there a way I can quickly duplicate pages in the order above?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

It sounds like time for script. You might ask in the InDesign Scripting forum if you don't get a reply here:

InDesign Scripting

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold down the alt key and move the page to the place where you want it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that trick, and that works fine for smaller jobs (in fact, I have a script with a shortcut to do this), but many of our jobs are very large and it's not feasible to dupe 100 pages 5x each... 1 at a time. It's both too time consuming and introduces a large chance you'll make a mistake along the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like time for script. You might ask in the InDesign Scripting forum if you don't get a reply here:

InDesign Scripting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The new link for this thread is in InDesign Scripting. I will lock this one. Please post at this link:
Duplicating a large number of pages script (special)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines