• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge CC 17 not in "Open with" list

Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC 16 and 17 installed successfully except Bridge CC does not appear in the "open with" list. Bridge CS 6 is still listed. (Windows 7, current updates).

I have searched the registry and most entries point to CC 17, a couple still point to CS 6.

I want to leave CS6 installed but have access to CC 17 versions.

What needs changing, and where?

Please reply to [personal info deleted by mod, forum policy]

replies are given here on the forum, for others to see with the same problem.

Thanks

Richard James

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Richard, Please go to the install directory of Bridge CC 2017 and Find a file named Bridge.exe, then rename that file from Bridge.exe to Bridge CC 2017.exe

Let me know if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does your win 7 show sp 1 is installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated, ALL current updates are installed. That includes all Service packs etc.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Bridge General Discussion​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I understand the question. You want Photoshop (or Illustrator, etc)  to open your files, not Bridge.

Bridge is only  a browser...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

"Open with" is a list of apps (right click on file). Not the same as the default association for a file.

PS, LR, I etc. all installed with correct entries in the "open with" list for CC17.

Bridge did not, it still shows CS6. I need to change this to CC 17.

List:

Bridge CS6

PS CC17

AI CC17 etc.....

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richard,

Sorry but I still don't understand.

If I right click on (say a *tif) file I get this list:

Screenshot - 31_12_2016 , 11_59_35.png

Bridge is not in that list which makes sense to me. All those listed programs can open my file but not Bridge as  Bridge can't "open" files; it can browse a folder but cannot open files... e.g. Bridge cannot open a RAW file; what it does is launch Camera Raw which in turn can indeed open the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2016-12-31_185901.jpg

I do know what Bridge does, and what "Open With" does.

The attached screen grab shows  the drop down menu when I right click on a tif.

Bridge CS 6 is in the list. When I click on it exactly what should happen, happens. And is what I want to happen....

Bridge opens in the selected folder and shows the selected file in the preview window.

Now, can someone please answer the original question "How do I change  the CS 6 entry to Bridge CC 17?

Thank you.

Richard James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard,

Did you try clicking on Choose default program and then browse to the location of bridge cc 2017?

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Did you try clicking on Choose default program and then browse to the location of bridge cc 2017?

Yes, several times. Always opens CS6. Also removed and reinstalled  Bridge CC2017. This is part of what points me to an install problem not updating the registry properly. (This was originally posted in the Install Issues forum but moved here by a moderator.)

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surely, Bridge is a file browser, and should only open folders, not documents?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please reread my post of Dec 31.

Yes, Bridge is a file browser. That does not mean that you cant open it to point to a specific file/folder.

Why should you have to open Bridge, then navigate to a specific folder when you are already looking at the folder in a file manager?

"Open with" displays the file in its folder, exactly as it is supposed to do. It does not "open" the file for editing (it cant!), it opens it for viewing.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richard, Please go to the install directory of Bridge CC 2017 and Find a file named Bridge.exe, then rename that file from Bridge.exe to Bridge CC 2017.exe

Let me know if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sahil, finally... (originally asked Dec 29).

Yes, this fixes it. I naturally had to add it to the "open with" list and change the shortcut links.

The problem also occurred on my laptop, I will see if it works there.

This seems to confirm that the install util is not working properly, aka, a bug.

Richard James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sahil, same thing happens with CC 2019, as well as with other suite components.

Do you know if this been reported as an installation bug?

Thanks.

Richard James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines