0 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2006 12:41 PM by phishb13

FLV audio cutting out

phishb13
      Hi, I work for Netsmartz, LLC in Rochester, NY. We are programming an intereactive DVD-ROM for Porsche as a training course for car salesman in conjunction with a design firm in Rochester. There are six different languages of this course being produced (English, UK English, Spanish, Italian, German, and French). Each have about 80 FLVs associated with it and each course runs around 800 MBs - the timed length of the course is around 2.5 hours.

It seems that we are running into a situation on lower-end configurations (Pentium 4 1GHz proc, 512 MB RAM, Windows 2000) that when some interactivity is done and the user moves on to the next screen, the audio in the FLV in which the narrrator is appearing cuts out entirely....the audio is muted for some time until the next video is loaded some time after this sequence...

My question is if this is a known error or not? I can't find any documentation lending an answer as such, so it's quite perplexing on our end. We have QA'd our code and there is nothing that would effectively mute the audio for no reason. Also, this was being viewed from a DVD and I understand that FLVs are optimized for CD/DVD viewing. Is there some certain minimum requirement we should set for viewing the DVD? We are not 100% sure that it is the lower processor speed that is hurting it, but our tests with a 2 GHz proc worked just fine...

Please advise