3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2017 7:49 AM by maria__

Flash Player Install Impossible

WillCreates
      • Operating system version: OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
      • Web browser and version: Firefox 47.0.1
      • Flash Player version: Uninstalled
      • No error message, except that the installation failed after completing the process.
      • I am going through the normal process, nothing out of the ordinary. It's failed consistently for months now. I've many forums direction to removed library items in various locations. Nothing has worked.
        • 1. Re: Flash Player Install Impossible
          maria__ Adobe Employee

Anytime installation fails there is an error message.  What happens when you try to view Flash content after installing Flash Player?

Please review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh? and provide all four (4) files listed - Adobe_ADM.log, Adobe_GDE.log, FlashPlayerInstallManager.log, and install.log.  Please read through the FAQ completely and configure your system to obtain the files for the same installation attempt.  After obtaining all 4 files, upload them to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

--

Maria

Note: Adobe's US offices are closed for the winter holiday season until January 3rd.  While we do have staff in other geographies monitoring the forums, responses are likely to be delayed.

• 2. Re: Flash Player Install Impossible
            WillCreates Level 1

Well, Flash consistently fails to install. So I have not chance to view Flash content. I get the typical notice on websites to download and install, which takes me to the link.

I attempted to created the install.log file, but when I executed the install, no data was logged. I get the following dialogue box... every time.

Screen Shot 2016-12-30 at 7.34.47 PM.jpg

When I click finished I'm directed to here: Adobe - Download Adobe Flash Player

The file I'm installing from is: AdobeFlashPlayer_24_a_install.dmg

• 3. Re: Flash Player Install Impossible
              maria__ Adobe Employee

The install.log file is a system log file where OS X logs all software installations.  If nothing is logged to this file then the failure is earlier in the installation process.  The other 3 files should have some information.  Please provide those files.

In the interim, please try the offline installer, posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac  page in the 'Still having problems' section.  I forgot to provide this link previously.