• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to stop a free trial of InDesign?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting increasingly frustrated by the inability to find how to contact someone about an InDesign free trial. I downloaded it yesterday, but it crashes whenever I try to save a file. I want to stop the free trial now and restart after I've reinstalled Windows and gone through the tutorials - as it looks as if I'll have a lot to learn. Does anyone know whom I should contact, please?

[Moved from the nontechnical Lounge Forum to the InDesign forum by moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only install a free trial once.

What version of windows and what are your computer specs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once a trial has started that’s it. You don’t get another shot until Adobe resets things which is about once a year when the new versions are released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you decide to use InDesign later after the trial expires, don't forget you can subscribe month-to-month if you have a project you need to get done. You don't need to get a yearly subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded it yesterday,

The trail will work for 30 days, so after you reinstalled your system, you should be able to reinstall ID and run it as a trial for the remaining 29 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rob day wrote:

The trail will work for 30 days,

rob day​

Rob, I am pretty sure the trial is only seven days. They changed it earlier this year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. Seven days only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To expand on what Steve said, read the subscription terms (link follows) for

Creative Cloud for Individuals

Annual contract, paid monthly

As of today, you get a full refund if you cancel within 14 days, so that will give you two free weeks. You might check this link again if doing this in the future.

http://www.adobe.com/misc/subscription_terms.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the answers. I don't know whether any of you are Adobe staff, but I won't let that possibility temper my comments below! In fact, I'd be happy if staff did see this.

I now know why I couldn't find the duration of the free trial period - they probably don't want potential users to know that it's a meagre seven days. I would have expected it to be the previous 30 days, as iD appears to be a product that needs significant investment in time and effort to get to grips with. I am also investigating QuarkXpress and regardless of any technical issues, if their customer support is better than I've experienced with Adobe (apart from this forum, which has been very helpful, I hasten to say!), then they will definitely have a significant advantage. As someone who has provided decades of technical support and been commended on it, I think I know how to treat customers and what I've encountered so far is not up to the standard I'd expect from a company like Adobe.

Apart from not being able to find customer support staff to discuss my problem, even though I've registered as being in the UK, the support phone nos. shown are for the US - that's what I used to call user-hostile.

I find it hard to believe that there isn't a human being who can intervene to cancel my free trial and restart it when I've rebuilt my laptop and read the tutorials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no staff in this thread. The "Staff" label would show if there were.

Most of us agree with you about changing the trial from 30 days to 7 days, but it was a decision made by Adobe staff higher up than we talk to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Steve - that's a pity! I'm going through the tutorials now but iD says that there are 0 days left in the free trial - and it's under 24 hours since I downloaded it. Not very impressive! 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of us are long-time users who know and really use the program, and we answer from around the world.

• Staff is marked with a red badge

• ACP is Adobe Community Professional

• MVP is the older program and is similar to ACP—it shows longevity in the program

Others may also answer. And many of us may jump in with slightly different aspects. We are volunteers, and do want to help people. But we are not decision makers. We can only relay what we know to be true.

You might want to post that as a feature request about canceling the free trial. It's great idea!

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also,

Sometimes several of us will start typing a response at the same time, and one will hit Add Reply first, as Steve just did while I was still typing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Jane - that's helpful and I'll follow your link and post my comments!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines