• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom is fast but lagging

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry in advance for not knowing certain terms or even know what im talking about i just know I want it faster...

I'm trying to figure out to configure my drives and lightroom to the best of its ability with what i have.

Whenever I use the crop tool or switch tools to do different things even tho its fast I see a LAG. can someone help me optimize my setup

ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)32.0 GB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your hardware is certainly good for the task.

What exactly do you mean by a lag when switching tools?

What exactly do you mean by a lag when using the crop tool?

If you are doing lots of spot removals, you might try turning off the GPU optimization to see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should try limiting the power management both the OS does and what the BIOS/UEFI is doing. If you are running Windows there is a special section in the Power Options section. Set it to High performance and then click the Change plan settings. Once that screen loads look for "Change advanced power settings". In there you will find many options that limit how much power your system uses. All of them limit the overall performance of your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines