• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated Lightroom & merge elements

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently received a dialog asking if I wanted to update LR and merge elements catalog. I haven't used Elements for over 5 years so I didn.t think it would be a problem. Now I have a total mess with 1000s of duplicate files and LR has slowed to a crawl. Is there any way to undo or go back. Thanks,  Paul M.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

paul3267 wrote:

I recently received a dialog asking if I wanted to update LR and merge elements catalog. I haven't used Elements for over 5 years so I didn.t think it would be a problem. Now I have a total mess with 1000s of duplicate files and LR has slowed to a crawl. Is there any way to undo or go back. Thanks, Paul M.

So, we need a lot more details. First, please state the exact version NUMBER of your Lightroom (go to Help->System Info to find the version number).

Can you show us a screen captu

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paul3267 wrote:

I recently received a dialog asking if I wanted to update LR and merge elements catalog. I haven't used Elements for over 5 years so I didn.t think it would be a problem. Now I have a total mess with 1000s of duplicate files and LR has slowed to a crawl. Is there any way to undo or go back. Thanks, Paul M.

So, we need a lot more details. First, please state the exact version NUMBER of your Lightroom (go to Help->System Info to find the version number).

Can you show us a screen capture of exactly what you see that indicates "1000s of duplicate files"?Can you show us a screen capture of what you mean by "total mess"? Even so, this wouldn't cause LR to slow to a crawl ... please state exactly what actions in Lightroom are slow.

If you have been making regular backups of your Lightroom catalog, it is easy to go back, just restore the backup catalog from before you merged the Elements catalog. If you haven't been creating regular backups, then it probably isn't possible to go back easily (you'd probably have to delete the duplicates) and YOU ABSOLUTELY SHOULD begin making regular backups of your catalog file and all photos from now on (no excuses!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, I had been doing automatic weekly backups, and for some reason had forgotten about it . It took a while to figure out where and how to restore, but all is well now. Regarding LR slowing to a crawl, it turned out that all programs had slowed, so I did a complete system restore to resolve that. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines