• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with changing background

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to take a stock image and use the background to put into multiple images in cs5.  I watched tutorials, and have been stuck for 30 days.  The images are from a wedding with a horrible background, and I have multiple family images to fix.  I know there are a few ways to do this, but nothing is working. Please help me . The wedding was over 2 months ago.....I greatly appreciate your help. I'm using the foreground of the image needing editing and want the stock image background slid into the top part of it.  I could really use some help guys.  I have a learning disability and I am really struggling with this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Paulisa,

You have shared the parts, but nothing about what you have been able to achieve on your own. You still haven't answered if you know how to combine two images into a single document, and add a layer mask. Those are the beginning steps to creating a composite. It's very difficult to help you without knowing what your skills are, or where you are stuck at.

Here's a tutorial on the Adobe Learn site that might help you get started Use Photoshop to improve your photography

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to create good layer masks for each image. There is no automatic way to do this, and it can be time consuming depending on the image. Do you know how to make selections and masks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and no.  Thank you for being the only one to respond....I wish this wasn't going to be broadcast across the WWW....I'd like to share something with you but...anyway, yes, I know how to do layers. yes I can make selectoiions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paulisa,

Do you know how to add a layer mask to a layer?

Do you know how to combine two images into a single Photoshop document?

If you can successfully do these two things, can you be more specific about what you are struggling with? It's hard to help you without knowing what you have tried, and what exactly isn't working for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible to post an example of one of the images of the wedding you are trying to improve. There's no need to post the stock image just the one Theresa has suggested needs a mask. It's really difficult to advise how to do something when working blind. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to a dropbox file that has a couple of the actual raw images and a sample of the background im trying to use.  thank you both, I really mean it....I cant thank you enough for even responding let alone going into this deeper to take a look.  I am very appreciative.  If you would like to email me at smiles@paulisafields.com, I can perhaps explain a little better what is happening.  I completely understand if you cannot.  Everyone has their own work out there....never enough time.  Thanks

again. 

Dropbox - photoshop help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paulisa,

You have shared the parts, but nothing about what you have been able to achieve on your own. You still haven't answered if you know how to combine two images into a single document, and add a layer mask. Those are the beginning steps to creating a composite. It's very difficult to help you without knowing what your skills are, or where you are stuck at.

Here's a tutorial on the Adobe Learn site that might help you get started Use Photoshop to improve your photography

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not taken two images and combined them.  I have done layers but not layer masks.  I can do selections, and just am trying the refine edge .  I'll watch the video you recommended and let you know if it helps.  thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow....huge difference. I checked out the tutorial, it kind of seemed like more an advertisement, but anyway, I googled "merging two documents, and found a tutorial on utube.  Holy cow....at least one image is on the other.  It was all in the wording...I've been searching, googling, watching tons of tutorials "How to change a background,"  and I was trying to erase the top of the image and drop the other image on and slide the layer under the other one.  This doesn't make any sense to you but it does to me.  Ive had more progress in the past 15 minutes than ive had in the past 30 days doing this a couple hours each day.  I think we at least have liftoff.  Wow.....I'll get back to you!  Thanks, thanks......Yeah!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the biggest challenges for beginners is knowing how to ask the question. There is tons of good tutorials out there, but you can't find them if you don't know what to ask for. Thanks for letting us know you are now headed in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Making masks for the images you have showed us is not all that difficult. Once you have mastered the basics you should be able to replace your background fairly easily.

WeddingComposite.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines