Sorry for the inconvenience.
Please try out the steps mentioned below and let us know if it helps:
- Launch Elements Organizer while keeping the Shift key pressed to open the Catalog Manager.
- In the Catalog Manager dialog, click New to create a catalog. Provide a name for the catalog, and then click OK.
- Launch the Preferences dialog (Ctrl/Cmd + K).
- In the Preferences dialog:
- In the Media Analysis tab, deselect all checkboxes.
- In the Files tab, deselect the checkboxes:
--Automatically Search for and Reconnect Missing Files
--Automatically Generate Thumbnails for Video Files
4. Start Elements Organizer.
5. If Organizer launches without any issues, switch back to your older catalog.
I have the same problem, with Elements 15 crashing every time I try to get photos. I have done what you suggested above and it crashed as soon as I tried to get photos into the new catalog. Does this mean it is not a catalog issue. What do I do next?
Were you ever able to resolve this issue? I too am dealing with the same issue and am beyond frustrated with trying to resolve it.
I haven't had a chance to try this fix. I am not optimistic. I hope to try the fix in a week or two (it's on my mother's computer). I will report back after I try it.
I was having the same issue and this worked for me.
This did not fix mine. Over the last few months I've tried every suggestion I could find. Reinstalling, restarting, clearing this, clearing that, changing several preference options, new catalogs, old catalogs, etc., etc. This is broken software that will never be fixed. A waste of my money.
Adobe PSE 15 has been on my computer but I've never been able to use it because it crashes. I have tried every imaginable fix to no avail.
For a second I considered buying PSE 18 which was announced today but I have no guarantee that it would work without crashing. And from the lack of support from Adobe I'm not inclined to make the purchase again.
Try downloading free trial of PSE2018 from Download Photoshop Elements | 2018, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10
Let us know if Elements Organizer still crashes, we will then need detailed crash report from your machine.
PSE2018 crashes in the exact same manner.
How do I generate a crash report from my machine?