Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon d800 tethered shooting doesn't work in combination with Mac OSX 10.12

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have a really annoying problem. I gently bought a new MacBook Pro with OSX 10.12 (Sierra) pre-installed. I installed my LR6 software and updated it to LR6.8. Somehow I can't get my Nikon D800 to connect to LR when I want to use it for tethered shooting. This is a serious issue for me, since I do more than 90% of my work by tethered shooting. Anybody out there who can help me fix this problem?

Many thanx in advance,

Kind regards and all the best in 2017,

Toine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Toine,

Please refer Fix tethered shooting in Lightroom and let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately. I've been through this checklist, but nothing seems to work. Please help me out.

Kind regards,

Antoine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Toine? When was the last time you udated the firmware on your Nikon D800? Give that a try if you haven't updated in a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have update my camera with the latest firmware (only not the firmware that takes care of lens distortion).

I have updated my OS to the latest version and I have updated LR6 to 6.8.

I've tried three different USB cables and even tried different batteries. I even tried it with and without an empty memory card. On my new macbook (OSx 10.12 Sierra) there is no way I can get a connection with my D800, while on my old macbook it works perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last week I was unable to tether my D810 and updating the firmware worked for me. I am on 10.12.2... update to 10.12.2 and see if that works. Also how long ago did you update the firmware?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm also on 10.12.2 (for about a week or two). I updated the camera's firmware a couple of days ago. It still doesn't work.... Does anybody know if there's some additional Nikon software that I can or, even better perhaps, have to install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines