• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Every time LR CC updates, I lose all my settings

Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Develop module settings, grid view options, panels, everything resets to defaults. Any solution? TIA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of computer are you using?

What type of LR install are you using, CC subscription or Stand Alone perpetual license?

Doesn't happen here on a Win 7 Pro system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win10 LR Cloud. Just update to 2015.8 and all user settings lost. Presets and preferences ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact settings are you referring to? If all your presets are still there and nothing changes in the LR Preferences what settings get reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said in the OP, "module settings, grid view options, panels," things that are not set up in the preferences screen, but in the View and Window menus, or in the right and left panel selections

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of using the word "things", can you be specific and name these "things" that are missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean by your last post. Grid view options, do you mean the Compact or Expanded Cell info changes (this hasn't happened to me). Then what in the panels changes? To my knowledge there aren't many if any options for the side panels other than showing or hiding sections of them (personally I hide the quick develop section on the right panel in the Library module and over the last 2+ years that hasn't changed when doing any of the updates).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Prior to things I said "module settings, grid view options, panels,"

Module settings are settings in the grid and develop modules that are set via the interface rather than the preferences menu.

Yes, the cell info changes to default, and the panels I have hidden are back. Other minor options are reset to defaults.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines