• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to move folder to external NAS

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have always been able to move files within Lightroom to my external NAS. I have a local collection (recent photos) and then I have a shared folder on my NAS /Volumes/Pictures. I can copy files individual and create folders but Lightroom will not move a whole folder with files in it to the mounted folder. I have verified read/write permissions in the os and they appear to be set correctly.

Please help!!

I am running a brand new MacBook Pro. Sierra, Lightroom 2015.8

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a Mac OS X and the OS for your NAS. See if there is any update for your NAS software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response. I looked into that but the os and nas versions haven't changed from my old mbpr13 which still works. I just got a new a mbpr15. That's the variable here. I've looked at the permissions through the UI and the command line using 'ls -la' and they are the same on both computers which is what is really confusing me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have no idea what I did but it works. I synchronized 1 folder which destroyed all my ratings and edits b/c it removed the files before re-adding them. I don't understand why that would have fixed this but I'm guessing by syncing the files it somehow registered the correct permissions with Lightroom and the OS? Unsure but happy that I can get back to organizing holiday photos.... I appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines