3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2017 1:39 PM by ReneeD250811

Lightroom 6 crashes on start-up

ReneeD250811 Level 1

Lightroom 6 used to work.  I have made no changes but it now crashes on start up. I run it on a Lenovo Yoga2 runnign Windows 10 which is up to date. I have followed all the troubleshooting items and checked everything including reinstalling but despite successfully reinstalling it still crashes.  Please help

• 1. Re: Lightroom 6 crashes on start-up
          Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Hi ReneeD,

Please refer Lightroom doesn't launch or closes automatically after splash screen and let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Akash

• 2. Re: Lightroom 6 crashes on start-up
            ReneeD250811 Level 1

Hi

Thank you for the suggestions, however, I am now stuck as I had loaded 5.7 which worked but won't read the catalogue from version 6.0. Now the version 6.0 fails to install.  I get the error message below and have checked the permissions and they are correct. These folders don't actually even exist after the installation fails. 

Exit Code: 7 Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example,  
            ERROR: DF024 ...   -------------------------------------- Summary -------------------------------------- 
            - 0 fatal error(s), 1 error(s)    ----------- Payload: Adobe Lightroom 6.0.0.0
            {8048A5DF-8A70-5BE1-954B-E0FDE1BD0D0D} ----------- 
            ERROR: DF024: Unable to move file at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\adobeTemp\{8048A5DF-8A70-5BE1-954B-E0FDE1BD0D0D}\_230_2119bfc4dc03874f1f235a879eeac6e1"
            to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\Helpers\DynamicLinkMediaServer\dynamiclinkmediaserver\1.0\libmmd.dll" Error 32
            The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.. Try setting correct permissions to the specified file/folder or parent folder, so that admin has rights to modify it.(Seq 223)  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

System Requirements

• 3. Re: Lightroom 6 crashes on start-up
              ReneeD250811 Level 1

Hi Akash

I eventually managed to get Lightroom 6 to install. Unfortunately our suggestions didn't work. But when I uploaded the 6.8 patch and made sure that SLCache was named correctly it finally started correctly.  Thank you for trying to help.

Regards

Reneé