2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2017 3:58 PM by Kevin-Monahan

How do I bring 3D objects into After Effects?

drewphonix

Need help with this guys I have these filesScreen Shot 2017-01-01 at 10.44.12 AM.png. Will any of these work?

• 1. Re: How do I bring 3D objects into After Effects?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

On a theoretical level an OBJ would work by importing it in Cinema 4D Lite, but as someone who has done CAD and engineering visualizations for over a decade let me say that this will require hours and hours of extra work to actually get usable renders because, quite simply, what you have is just a big blob of data based on a reasonably complex CAD layout. You better find a way to produce more useful files if possible or find someone with experience who can handle this. This stuff isn't for the faint-hearted and as per your own words it's apparent that you never have done any such work before and you'll only end up running into one issue after another and miss your deadlines...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: How do I bring 3D objects into After Effects?
            Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hi drewphonix,

Did you ever solve this issue with Cinema4D Lite or with any other method. Please let us know how we can assist you or if you already found a solution so we can mark this issue as the "Correct Answer."

Thanks,

Kevin