1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 1, 2017 7:13 PM by Brad Lawryk

Grindhouse Intro - Does it have copyright?

Frikanih Level 1

So I'm working on an old-70's-grindhouse looking movie, and I wanted to make a reference by putting this intro at the beginning of it, only the first part, from 0:00 to 0:15, skip the panther part:

Grindhouse Intro - YouTube

I've seen this intro in some different movies, both the "Our feature presentation" before the movie starts, and the "Prevues of coming attractions", before showing a trailer. The thing is, I'm not sure if this is something that has copyright, like for example the 20th Century Fox intro, or is a reference that anyone can make, like the green screen with white letters about the movie rating (The following Preview has been approved...)

In case it was something with copyright, would I be able to make my own intro and use the same music of that video, or would I have to make my own music as well? (Obviously, using the same rhythm and so)

I wasn't sure where exactly to put this theme, for I haven't seen any "stock footage" neither "off-topic" forum. Thank you all for your time!