Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tweens with Animations

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello people of the Adobe Forum,

This is my first time here so I'm new. But i have one question.

Does anyone know if i can make a tween that has an animation saved to it? If that sounds confusing let me explain. I have made a walk cycle for a character but the cycle is of this character standing still while his body parts are moving. I wondered can i tween this so he moves across the stage WHILE the walking animation is playing.

Thanks to anyone that can answer this, i have been looking over the internet and couldn't find anything.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

You could make a new Library symbol, either Graphic or MovieClip (depends on how you're planning to work), then copy the layers of the current animation, and paste them into the new symbol. You can then delete the original animation from the main timeline, and drag the new symbol onto the stage. At that point it would still be the character walking on the spot, but you can now add a tween to the new symbol, to make it go across the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could make a new Library symbol, either Graphic or MovieClip (depends on how you're planning to work), then copy the layers of the current animation, and paste them into the new symbol. You can then delete the original animation from the main timeline, and drag the new symbol onto the stage. At that point it would still be the character walking on the spot, but you can now add a tween to the new symbol, to make it go across the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines