• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two Page Spread with photo that stretches across both pages

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have very particular bosses. I am doing a two page spread with the photo that runs across both pages. This is for a standard 8.5 X 11 publication with a bleed (11 X 17.25 spread). Some of my publications that I submit to want it in two separate pages and not as a spread. How can I ensure the photo lines up perfectly in the middle on these split page publications when taking in consideration both the trim and bleed in the center? I generally design in PSD but would be open to learning a bit about InDesign as I have the whole Adobe Cloud Suite. Ultimately, I'm sure it will be easier in InDesign...I'm just set in my ways and hard headed. Thank you all in advance for the help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

There's no need to cut or really do anything. Just export the facing pages with or without an inside bleed. Here's PDF/X-4 with an inside bleed—ID on left Acrobat on right:

Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 6.07.21 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in indesign you could create 2 facing pages 8.5 x 11 and set up bleed

then place your photo across both pages in the same spread (to the edges of the bleed guides).

In this way you could have two separate pages or make two page spread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Make the photo in Photoshop and save as PSD.
  2. Make an INDD document with facing pages.
  3. Place the image there.
  4. Export as PDF according the specification of your printer with bleed as single pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ultimately, I'm sure it will be easier in InDesign...I'm just set in my ways and hard headed. Thank you all in advance for the help.

It will be.

In Photoshop to provide pages with bleeds from a full spread, you would have to manually split the spread, save out two page files, and do it again for any future edits. PS is not a page layout application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the input. I'm also aware that PSD is not a layout program, but it's just the one that I have been using all these years, doing it "manually" every month. I really do need to come over to indesign. Thank you very much for your input and time helping me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you make screenshots? Thanks!

(^/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2017-01-02 15.25.27.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

… Ok!

So you have spreads with images on left-right pages and you want to "cut" the image in 2!

Right?

(^/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no need to cut or really do anything. Just export the facing pages with or without an inside bleed. Here's PDF/X-4 with an inside bleed—ID on left Acrobat on right:

Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 6.07.21 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines