2 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2006 3:53 PM by Starvoyager

Lingo game

BlackJack22
      I've got an assignment to do at University, and I have to make an edutainment game scripted from lingo, what would be a simple and easy game to make? I've got Gary Rosenzweig's Advanced lingo for gaming, I thought about making a trivia game, would that be easy? or is there an easier game I could make?

Thanks Anyone
        • 1. Re: Lingo
          Level 7
          Making a trivia game will be easy or hard depending on what you want it to
          do. It could be something as simple as presenting the user with a series of
          questions and having them click on a multiple choice answer (though that
          wouldn't be very entertaining). Start adding things like fancy animations,
          score keeping, bonus rounds, etc and the task becomes a more complicated.

So using a trivia game as the basis of your project is a fine idea, but
          before you start programming you need to design the game.

"BlackJack22" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:e4hq2g$dqo$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > I've got an assignment to do at University, and I have to make an
          edutainment
          > game scripted from lingo, what would be a simple and easy game to make?
          I've
          > got Gary Rosenzweig's Advanced lingo for gaming, I thought about making a
          > trivia game, would that be easy? or is there an easier game I could make?
          >
          > Thanks Anyone
          >

• 2. Re: Lingo game
            Starvoyager
            A simple mathematics game would be pretty simple too. Have the game display a simple math question that the player has to answer. This might be simpler than a trivia game, unless you have the trivia game work like multiple choice (any trivia where the player had to key in the answers can be a nightmare)