3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2017 4:23 AM by dj_paige

Continuous catalog scrolling

TSPCo Level 1

I just started using LR about a month ago, there is one thing I would like to do in LR, that resembles my former manager Picasa3. Picasa was able to continuously scroll through all of the photos in all the folders, without clicking on a different folder, each time you reach the bottom of the previous folders contents. Basically it ignored folder boundaries, even though the folders were separate.

Is there is a way to add this functionality to LR, simply by turning something on, or via a plugin?

It is far more efficient to locate a photo visually, especially if the photos aren't keyworded.

• 1. Re: Continuous catalog scrolling
          ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

LR will not scroll like you describe Picasa doing it.

If you have the Folder panel displaying all the folders with the correct parents (right-click, show-parent), you can turn on the option to "show images in subfolders", then click on one of the parents and see everything under that folder.

There is also the "all pictures" collection at the top of the left pane.

• 2. Re: Continuous catalog scrolling
            TSPCo Level 1

I don't see "show parent" on a right click on any subfolders, my assumption is this as it pertains to parent Pictures>2015>folders>photos. But I did try the "all pictures" and that appears to do what I asked. Thanks

• 3. Re: Continuous catalog scrolling
              dj_paige Level 9

"Show Parent Folder" will appear when you right-click on a folder, if the parent is not shown. If the parent is already shown, then "Show Parent Folder" will not appear.

To make a minor technical correction for anyone else who is reading along, you want to look for "All Photographs" and not "all pictures".