Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom freezes on new MacBook

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently purchased a new MacBook Pro with Retina. I was previously using an older MacBook, and occasionally had some lag issues with Lightroom, but usually never anything where I needed to restart my machine.

I am currently editing a wedding on my new computer and using Lightroom 5.7.1. Every 50 or so images, I experience a serious lag so much so that the images won't load, and I am unable to continue editing. I then have to force quit Lightroom (it won't close unless I do so), and then restart my computer to be able to log back in and use the program properly.

How might I be able fix this?

Thank you so much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  erical,

Please optimize your Lightroom catalog following Optimize Lightroom performance and let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lightroom cc...it's freezing every time I try to use it..I note that the lr lock and journal stay open...I've had to go to ctl alt delete to close program

what do I do???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off the GPU option in the LR Preferences on the Performance tab.

If you can't get to it because LR freezes then you can disable it with LR closed by following this article under "Still having trouble".

Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please take a look at the link mentioned by JustShootMe and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do I get to %appdata%\Adobe\Lightroom\Preferences\Lightroom 6 Preferences.agprefs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rsbjsb,

The "Appdata" folder is hidden so you'll first need to unhide it. See How to access hidden folders – Ableton for more info.

Rest, follow the same steps as mentioned in Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ section"Still having trouble".

Let us know the outcome and get back to us if you have trouble getting to this folder.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am having this issue. I've tried all the things recommended here and still have it happening.

I've created new catalogs for new shoots, still freezes. 

My master catalog that used to work fine on my old 2012 iMac, but now freezes on my brand new MacBook pro. 

I'm almost to the point of selling it (it's only 6 months old) and switching to PC. What is this crap?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry that Lightroom is freezing unexpectedly and none of the suggestions above have helped so far. Which version of Lightroom are you using?

Could you please restore Lightroom Classic app preferences to default and let us know if the issue still persists? Please refer this article for step by step instructions:
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html#restore_preferences_to_def...

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines