• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Liquify Screen does not show brush only the Hand icon

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to liquify a layer and when I go into the Liquify screen, the brush icon changes to the hand and I cannot change it back.  When I click on the mouse, you can see the hand "grab" to move the image, but nothing else.  The Brush tool options are available and changeable; the Face Aware liquify works properly, but the Forward Warp and all of the tools are selectable, but you cannot use them.  Only the hand icon shows.  Any help is appreciated!

iMac 27 inch, Late 2013

macOS Sierra 10.12.2

3.2Ghz Intel Core i5

24 GB RAM

Geforce GT 755 1024MB

Photoshop CC 2017.0.1

Revision 20161130.r.29 x64

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

joeb51690782 can you try the workaround in this thread, and see if it works for you?  Thanks

Hand tool remains selected in several menu's

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the issue persist if you disable Graphics Processor Acceleration (by pressing ctrl-alt when invoking the Filter)?

liquifyDisableGraphicsPricessorAcceleration.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attempted this AM and yes the issue still persists after disabling the graphics processor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far?

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restarted my computer and also, I have uninstalled PS, rebooted and reinstalled PS.  The issue went away for a little bit.  I only have one action (frequency separation) and it has a few steps to it.  I do not install plugins or scripts. The issue seems to have started after the most major update of PS.  I use a Wacom Bamboo Tablet CTH-670 as well.  I have unplugged the table and attempted to edit with just the mouse, but still the issue persisted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you restore the Preferences (uninstalling may not achieve this)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restored the Preferences and still the issue persists. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems unlikely but tut make sure: Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the long delay, but had to go to work.  I did uncheck the Use Graphics Processor and restarted PS.  It did not resolve my issue.  Thanks for all of the suggestions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joe, I have seen at least two similar posts to yours, and both with were using OSX.  It is a job finding things at the moment with the forum not syncing, and the forum search tool is hopeless.

This is from 12 days ago, but is not resolved.  10.2.2 on an MBP

LIQUIFY tool is not working

One similar post suspects plug-ins.  Try starting Photoshop while holding down the Shift key to force PS to ignore plug-ins and extensions.

Ahhh...   I should have checked the Feedback site straight away.  I looks like there is an issue with Sierra:

Photoshop 6: Stuck on Hand tool after update to Sierra | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to disable plug-ins and extensions by holding down the Shift key.  The notification came up to "ignore all plug-ins and extensions", but the same issue persists. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also installed the WhiteWindowPlugin and it showed that it actually loaded.  However, the issue still remains. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Joe.  I thought it was clear from my last paragraph.  There is an issue with Sierra that is causing this, and your best bet is to follow the thread on the Feedback site.  Jeff will tell what is happening hopefully.  You at least need to add your weight to that thread.  Sign in with the same ID and PW as this site (I think)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joeb51690782 can you try the workaround in this thread, and see if it works for you?  Thanks

Hand tool remains selected in several menu's

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow!  Yes, the workaround worked!  I will try and keep an eye on when it stops working to see if I can help pinpoint when it happens.  Thanks so much!  I don't use the liquify option very often, but I really needed it this time around!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines