2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2008 1:35 PM by valnub

Flex/AIR + SCP

valnub
      Hello everyone,

I am currently writing an application that needs to transfer files via SCP from- and to a UNIX/Linux Server.

Is there a framework for Flex/AIR available or does Flex even support SCP out of the box?

Greetings,
      Timo
        • 1. Re: Flex/AIR + SCP
          Dr. Fred Mbogo Level 1
          You might be able to find third-party code for this, but no, there's nothing inside Flex or Flash to do this.

Have you considered setting up an SSL web server on the box instead, then sending the files up with HTTP POST? That you could do with Flex, with no special help. If you're wary of using HTTP due to bad experiences uploading files with a web browser, keep in mind that unlike with a browser, in Flash/Flex uploads are asynchronous -- the upload doesn't block your program -- and you can get progress update events.
          • 2. Re: Flex/AIR + SCP
            valnub Level 1
            quote:

Originally posted by: jkhgdkhgslkj
            You might be able to find third-party code for this, but no, there's nothing inside Flex or Flash to do this.

Got a link for me?
            I already googled for third party code, but found nothing :-(

quote:

Have you considered setting up an SSL web server on the box instead, then sending the files up with HTTP POST? That you could do with Flex, with no special help. If you're wary of using HTTP due to bad experiences uploading files with a web browser, keep in mind that unlike with a browser, in Flash/Flex uploads are asynchronous -- the upload doesn't block your program -- and you can get progress update events.

Yes, that is one of the backup-plans. But a ssh/scp-solution would be prefered, to be honest.