3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2017 8:42 AM by JJMack

Script UI staying on screen after Cmd+tab

Whatevermajorloser Level 1

I have a dialog that, among other things, allows you to select files to upload to our site (it just saves them into a folder that is then picked up by another script).

Unfortunately, I can't Cmd+Tab into another app and do something else while they upload because my dialog just stays on the screen until it's finished.

Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 15.56.02.png

Is there any way to avoid this?

• 1. Re: Script UI staying on screen after Cmd+tab
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

That sound like a Mac problem on Windows Alt+Tab your Option+Tab is used to switch application.  If a ScriptUI Dialog is open in Photoshop I can use Alt+Tab to switch from Photoshop to for example switch to Chrome and in Chrome I can use Crtl+Tab to switch Chrome's tabs.  That would be CMD+Tab on a Mac. So it looks like ON Windows Ctrl+Tab get passed to the current application where Atl+Tab your Option+Tab is an OS shortcut windows has for switching applications. In Photoshop with a ScriptUI dialog open Crtl+Tab (CMD+Tab) does nothing... The solution is to run Windows on your Mac.

Capture.jpg

• 2. Re: Script UI staying on screen after Cmd+tab
            Whatevermajorloser Level 1

Haha, that sounds like an extreme solution to a problem this size!

I can Cmd+Tab just fine when the dialog is up and doing nothing, but it's only when it's in the middle of processing that it stays on the screen when I swatch applications.

• 3. Re: Script UI staying on screen after Cmd+tab
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

I do not know how Mac OSX hadles runing task a active windows and window focus  Perhaps the running process is stealing systen window focus from OSX CMD+Tab feature and the ScriptUI dialog window gets focus. It may be OSX is handling  contention for systen Window focus.