• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change order of images in the Lightroom Library mode?

Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While editing a large collection of images, over 500, in Library mode, Lightroom changed the order of the images, which were originally in order by the image creation date/time stamp.  The order is now apparently random.  How do I get Lightroom to put the images back into creation date/time stamp order?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Use the menu command View->Sort->Capture Time

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a sort option on the toolbar in the library mode. If you don't see the toolbar press the letter T. If the Sort feature isn't on the toolbar click on the pulldown at the right end of the toolbar and put a check mark in the appropriate box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your answer and the answer from dj_paige were correct.  I didn't see a way to give both of you credit for the correct answer.  Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the menu command View->Sort->Capture Time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The View - Sort - Capture Time didn't work for me maybe because I had renamed them. I used View - Sort - File Name....all good 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines