• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Adobe Flash Player with a Samsung Smart TV

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased a Samsung Smart TV.    I want to watch Big Sky Conference Basketball games using the link to web sites on the TV.   I am able to access the "Watch Big Sky" web site and get all the way along the system to the correct game and the screen to watch it.   When the game comes on and I try to get it up on the screen, I get a screen message that says I need Adobe Flash Player to watch the game itself.

I go back to the Adobe web site to download the Flash Player and get a message that says that application is not available.

How do I get over this hurdle.

Samsung, from some foreign country, says it is not their problem.

The season is just starting.  I need help and Adobe has no way to directly contact them.   Their support system is entirely composed of referring me to this web site.

Hope someone is out there.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Flash Player is only supported on desktop systems.  See Adobe Flash Player | Tech specs

The work-around would be to connect your computer via HDMI cable and watch the content that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue, if you could reply with following details it would be easy to troubleshoot the problem.

• Operating system version
  • Web browser and version
  • Flash Player version
  • Explain your problem in step-by-step detail if possible
  • A direct link to a web page that demonstrates the problem
  • If you get error messages, please quote them exactly, or provide a screenshot

Meanwhile, you may also refer to following links:

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier

Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amrita,

Thanks for your reply.

I don’t know if this will be of any assistance to you because I am working with a television not a computer. I am able to access my browser directly from the Televison.

OS is X Yosemite version 10.10.5

Browser is Safari version 10.0.2

Flash player version is whatever one they give me to download. I think that they are up to

I am trying to watch a University of Montana men’s basketball game on my TV. I can get to the site that streams the game through the Bigskyconference.com <http://bigskyconference.com/> web site and using drop down menus for watch big sky and then on to the game. The problem only occurs when the game is actually being streamed and cannot be duplicated until then. When you get all the way through the site and the game is on, a screen message occurs saying that the game cannot be viewed until Flash Player is installed. When I go to the Flash Player website to download that program, I get a message that says that the program cannot be downloaded (I forget the actual message) As I said above there is no way to duplicate this situation until the game is actually on.

Hope this helps. It is all I can do.

John J. Fitzpatrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is only supported on desktop systems.  See Adobe Flash Player | Tech specs

The work-around would be to connect your computer via HDMI cable and watch the content that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the honest response. from the Adobe staff...

Is this something that is being looked into in the future?

I work for city government and we have an issue viewing our city meetings through a government portal that needs flash to play on our digital signage smart TV's. and for the same reason, our own government content cannot be played in our city hall. ( we have a digital signage workaround in place but it is going to cost alot for the players and licensing).

I understand this issue is because of the browser that comes with Samsung smart TV's, but isn't it possible to build a player enabled app for smart TV's? Adobe is pretty crafty and I am sure you have a couple good programmers who could lead the charge on this! (and quite possibly corner the smart TV browser market!)

just a thought!

If it works out, remember, I called it first, Ill take my normal 10% cut!! lol

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go on your tv app search, search "xfinity beta", install, enjoy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried going to tv app search & xfinity beta does not come up.  Is there another app I can use instead?  Please reply. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no alternative, as there is no Flash Player for Samsung or any other TV.  Flash Player is only available for desktop systems (Tech specs | Adobe Flash Player )  If you want to view Flash content on your TV, the option is to connect your computer to your TV (via HDMI cable) and view it that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that puffin browser can be used for android TV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need adobe flash for the samsung... go to the apps and activate the app you want to view such as hbogo.  You will get a pin but you have to enter the hbogo activation website through your computer while you have the tv pin on the screen, once activated in this manner you will be able to view the shows without adobe flash player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the OP is trying to watch a feed through a website in the samsung smart TV browser. for embedded video, you need adobe flash player (or other player, like quicktime) to view the videos but the browser that currently comes with the TV cannot support flash because it is a computer program and not something that can be installed into the browser APP like an extension on a computer...

this seems like something samsung could easily build though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Facebook

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines