1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 4, 2017 12:09 AM by VectorP

How to reduce loading time of a phonegap app

sethup51656429 Level 1

Hello ,

My simple phoneGap application (Hello World) tack 3-5 sec to load.

I want to develop an app for customer.

Is there anything that can do to reduce the loading time or is there any coding standards to keep in mind?

I also want to access the network can you suggest any better plugin to do it.....

• 1. Re: How to reduce loading time of a phonegap app
          VectorP Level 4

Is there anything that can do to reduce the loading time or is there any coding standards to keep in mind?

Since you don't show your full code, it's hard to say what takes 3-5 seconds. It might, for instance, be a fixed period of time until the splash screen disappears, as set in your config. It might also be the elapsed time to fetch some code from an external server.

From your question, I'm not even sure whether you mean the 'loading time of the application' itself by the Operating System, or the time it takes to display all content, including the content fetched from remote servers. Also, you didn't mention in what OS, on what devices, these 3-5 seconds are measured.

I also want to access the network can you suggest any better plugin to do it.....

You don't need any plugin to access "the network" (I assume that you want to have internet access, mobile or wlan, in order to make requests to remote servers). And if you want a 'better plugin', which ones did you test, then?