• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Temporarily Unable to Repair Corrupt Catalog message - how to fix?

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Lightroom for ages with no issues.  I have version 5.7.1, working with a PC.  The last couple of weeks, Lightroom was crashing and saying there was an issue with the preview cache.  I googled and the solution I found was to delete the previews.  I did that, and it seemed to work at first.  It crashed last night but after I'd been working for a pretty long time. 

I then tried to open it today and it is unable to open.  The message it gives is titled "Temporarily Unable to Repair Corrupt Catalog".  The dialogue below says "Lightroom encountered problems reading or writing from disk when attempting to repair "Lightroom 4 Catalog 2-2"  The repair operation may succeed in future attempts.  If you wish to try again, please first check available disk space and close all other applications."

I've tried several times now with the same result.  Nothing else is open, and I've tried rebooting my computer too.  I can't access my catalog.  I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi adamfromcanada,

Please refer the below related discussion and check if that helps.

Urgently need help repairing Lightroom 6 catalog 'Lightroom encountered problems reading or writing ...

repair catalog multiple times

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The second thread you referred me to is not answered.  The first just says it may be my hard drive.  Now, I haven't been having other issues, so if it's the hard drive, that's bad news and something I'll need to address immediately, but changing hard drives seems an extreme first step unless there's some strong evidence that that is the cause. 

In the meantime, I've successfully opened a back-up, but it loses me a couple days of work to return to that and I'm worried that the corruption could happen again - after all, I hadn't added anything new in the last couple of days. 

Is there anything else I can try? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines