• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can commas within topic titles and *.htm filenames affect hyperlink jumps?

May 19, 2006 May 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two topics that I'm trying to jump to from other topics. The thing these two topics have in common is that I originally used commas and apostrophes in the topic titles and *.htm filenames. This seemed to screw things up, since my jumps to the topics never worked.

I deleted the topics that were causing problems and re-added them without using the punctuation. I still can't jump to these topics. To test whether there was a restriction on the maximum number of jumps you can add in one project, I created a jump to an entirely different topic - the jump worked.

So, I think something got corrupted with these topics. I could try deleting them and adding them "fresh" again, but I thought I'd post here to see if anyone has come across the problem before.

thanks in advance,
ChristyG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
I was able to fix the problem by re-creating (for a second time) the topic titles and files and not using any punctuation whatsover. I think the problem stemmed from the keywords that were used/unused/deleted/reused. I went to the Index tab, selected "See Also" from the drop list, and deleted any keywords that were bolded.

regards,
ChristyGTWE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I was able to fix the problem by re-creating (for a second time) the topic titles and files and not using any punctuation whatsover. I think the problem stemmed from the keywords that were used/unused/deleted/reused. I went to the Index tab, selected "See Also" from the drop list, and deleted any keywords that were bolded.

regards,
ChristyGTWE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp