• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HLS vectorscope

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an older version of SG that only has the HLS vectorscope. I know on the YUV scope you can check the graticule and see if you are going over the legal limit. How can I check this on an HLS scope ? I watched every video on the subject with no avail.

Thanks,

Leon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Been a while since I've used the CS6 version. So I downloaded and ran it ... um, yea, that HLS Vectorscope without graticules was a MAJOR complaint I had about the CS6 version ... you can see where your signal is sorta mostly, but ... without graticules, there's no use for this for much of what we need a Vectorscope for!

At the time Iridas was created, they mostly assumed if you really needed good scopes, you'd have a Tektronix setup via external boxes. So this scope was just designed more or les

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of SpeedGrade do you have?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been a while since I've used the CS6 version. So I downloaded and ran it ... um, yea, that HLS Vectorscope without graticules was a MAJOR complaint I had about the CS6 version ... you can see where your signal is sorta mostly, but ... without graticules, there's no use for this for much of what we need a Vectorscope for!

At the time Iridas was created, they mostly assumed if you really needed good scopes, you'd have a Tektronix setup via external boxes. So this scope was just designed more or less to show the placement of your signal around the scope.

So ... in CS6 ... there isn't an option to figure out what the out-lying data points are really doing. Sadly. So I'd guess about the best you can do is plop on a " + " layer, and select the appropriate "Legalize" LUT, either NTSC or PAL depending on your location.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right + a legalize PAL/NTSC layer will clamp down the waveform ( brightness)visibly. Will it also legalize saturation? If so I don't see the clamping like on the waveform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding is that it does ... but I cannot guarantee that! You'd need to test this before committing serious output to it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines