Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WMV Advanced 9 Profile on MAC

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I create LED animated signs for my company and use AE on a Mac Pro. These LED signs can only display .wmv Advanced 9 profile (8,000 bps) exports. The problem is that I am unable to render to this profile using a Mac computer. My current process is to render the project as an animation (.mov), drag the video to a shared drive, import the file to After Effects on the PC, then render to the wmv Advanced 9 profile from there. It's painful, and I hope to find a better solution for this process. The key factor in all this is that I would like to eliminate my PC all together and take care of everything on my Mac.

Can you help?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Not really, but feel free to wear out your purse on Flip4Mac --> Play Windows Media on your Mac &#x7c Telestream Flip4Mac &#x7c Overview . You're going to need the Studio Pro HD edition to gain control over advanced features.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really, but feel free to wear out your purse on Flip4Mac --> Play Windows Media on your Mac &#x7c Telestream Flip4Mac &#x7c Overview . You're going to need the Studio Pro HD edition to gain control over advanced features.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I found some information on this software earlier and was wondering a few things. Is there a way to customize dimensions rather than use a preset? For example, the LED's have weird ratios like: 288 x 240, 1712 x 112 and 736 x 96. I don't want to stretch anything or be forced to use a preset ratio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't answer any of that specifically. We only used it eons ago to encode standard resolutions. The way I remember it, though, you are limited in resolutions since you cannot access all CoDec options on a Mac, so this may not work for you, after all. Anyway, you might want to ask their sales department or just download the demo. It should allow you to encode clips for 7 days or something like that if they are no longer than 30 seconds. This should allow to explore the settings. If not, I'm sure they can generate a temporary license key.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines