1 Reply Latest reply on May 18, 2006 10:46 AM by Newsgroup_User

"Not enough memory available" on CTRL+Enter

Level 7
      When testing a FLA file in FLASH-8 (using CTRL+Enter), first time it works
      OK.
      Howeve an attempt do do it for the second time results in a message "Not
      enough memory available".
      If I restart FLASH-8, then again FLA test OK for the first time and hangs on
      the second one.

What kind of programming errors might cause such a behavour, and why these
      errors do not prevent the first run?

• 1. Re: "Not enough memory available" on CTRL+Enter
          Level 7
          Further to my previous message, the problem seems to be caused by an
          imported background image, which is a 1.2Mb JPG file sitting in a movieClip
          in the library.
          I commented out all the AS code including that attachMovie which was placing
          background clip and the problem persisted until I removed the beckground
          clip fromn the library together with the imported JPG.
          It looks like just sitting in the library this image somehow was eating
          memory.
          Any ideas why?

"aa" <A@aa.com> wrote in message news:e4i9fm$5k0$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > When testing a FLA file in FLASH-8 (using CTRL+Enter), first time it works
          > OK.
          > Howeve an attempt do do it for the second time results in a message "Not
          > enough memory available".
          > If I restart FLASH-8, then again FLA test OK for the first time and hangs
          on
          > the second one.
          >
          > What kind of programming errors might cause such a behavour, and why these
          > errors do not prevent the first run?
          >
          >